Business Advocacy Before Federal Agencies on Environmental, Safety and Energy Regulations
With more than 25 years’ experience Theresa Pugh Consulting offers business consulting regarding regulations pending before U. S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and the executive office within the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ).
Theresa has prepared witnesses for oversight hearings before House and Senate hearings regarding U. S. EPA rulemakings. In addition to regulatory filings she has testified before state regulatory and legislative bodies. She is an accomplished public speaker with media training.
Theresa Pugh Consulting is a woman-owned business based in Alexandria, Virginia. Theresa Pugh is a member of U. S. Chamber of Commerce.
Resume / References
References available upon request.
- Strategic planning for corporate compliance on EPA regulations, permitting, and meeting Environmental Justice goals.
- Expertise on DOE energy efficiency regulations on electric distribution transformers and other products to meet net-zero or decarbonization goals.
- Electric vehicle (EV) and electric power nexus opportunities for power sector to expand electric load using existing generation/transmission with minimal investments and proximity to Dept. of Transportation NEVI funding and grants, 2023-current.
- Industrial natural gas users on gas curtailments for Fortune 500 companies, 2018-current.
- Global energy think tank on Korean climate change plan (hydrogen & renewables), 2020.
- Oil & gas producer in Marcellus, market research for power sector under new EPA and state regulations, 2019.
- Investor analysis project on oil and gas exports, 2020.
- Data Center/Cyber Hardening client (confidential), 2018-2020.
- Electric Gas Working Group (EGWG) study and advisor to North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC)– by invitation only (non-paid), 2017-2021.
- Consultant to Guidepoint Network, New York City, on natural gas safety and natural gas infrastructure for investor companies, 2018-2019.
- Consultant to Private Equity firm regarding natural gas production & power plant demand, Marcellus/Utica Shale, fall 2019.
- Manufacturing sector’s monitoring of natural gas pipeline physical safety and cybersecurity (confidential), 2018-2020.
- Private consulting to investor organization on natural gas/oil transmission infrastructure regulations (confidential), 2019.
- Advisor to Washington, DC energy think tank on international LNG, natural gas, and related electricity utility issues, 2018.
- Subcontractor to a SE state public power utility association on environmental and energy policy, 2017-2018.
- Subcontractor to government relations firm in Washington, D.C representing >200 electric utilities (gas, nuclear and hydro) across >7 states, 2017-2018.
- Consultant to manufacturer in steel production process, 2017.
- Consultant to manufacturing association (Fortune 500 companies) on new TSCA “articles” regulations and regulatory advocacy, 2017-2018.
- Biomass Power Association (BPA), 2018.
- Consultant to major energy association on environmental regulations (research), 2016-2017.
- Consultant to >200 electric utilities (municipal, coop and investor-owned) across 18 states on environmental, energy policy issues, 2016-2018.